The partnership between the rapper Drake and Canopy Growth, first announced in 2019, officially ended this week

Drake and Canopy Growth announced the end of their partnership this week, according to a CTV News report.

In November 2019, Drake and Canopy Growth announced the More Life Growth cannabis brand, of which Canopy owned 40 percent while Drake held the remaining 60 percent stake. Financial documents filed by Canopy Growth reveal the company took a $10.3 million loss in the deal and “de-recognized” another $33.7 million in future royalty payments to More Life. It was unclear why the divestment occurred, according to the report.

At the time the deal was announced in 2019, Drake — full name Aubrey Drake Graham — was identified as the new venture’s founder.

More at Ganjapreneur

Drake and Canopy Growth Announce End of Partnership