This is what they say]
Hemp jewelry maker, 42, at nudist wedding who ‘broke into 82-year-old Paul Pelosi’s $6million San Fran home in his UNDERWEAR, fractured his skull with a hammer after shouting ‘Where’s Nancy’ and had ‘hitlist of other politicians’
- Police said they arrested David DePape, 42, after he broke into the Pelosis’ $6million San Francisco home
- DePape allegedly beat Paul Pelosi with a hammer and fractured his skull while shouting ‘where’s Nancy?’
- He posted crazed right-wing conspiracy theories, anti-Semitic rants and racist slurs online
- DePape smashed a glass door at the back of the property and tried to tie Paul Pelosi up, according to reports
- He started shouting ‘where’s Nancy’ and cops say he jostled with Pelosi over the hammer before the attack
- Reports sy DePape had an anti-government manifesto and a hit list of politicians when he was arrested
- DePape grew up north of the border but moved from British Columbia to California 20 years ago
- He lived with nudist activists in the liberal enclave of Berkeley and was best man at a 2013 nudist wedding
- DePage is in custody and is set to be charged with attempted homicide. Pelosi is set to make a full recovery
The man who attacked Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul with a hammer early Friday morning is a former nudist from British Columbia who has struggled with drugs and posted crazed COVID conspiracy theories, anti-Semitic rants, racist slurs and unhinged screeds on religion online.
Police said they arrested hemp jewelry maker David DePape, 42, after he broke into the Pelosis’ $6million San Francisco home in at 2.27 am in his underwear and beat 82-year-old Paul Pelosi with a hammer while shouting ‘where’s Nancy’.
Cops say were at the property in the exclusive Pacific Heights neighborhood when they saw the suspect grapple with Pelosi, take the hammer and then hit him with it, causing severe head, arm and hand injuries.
When they arrested Depape, they found a manifesto that contained anti-government COVID beliefs and a list of other politicians he planned to target, KTVU reported.
Pelosi was taken into surgery to repair a skull fracture after the attack but is expected to make a full recovery, while DePape is in custody and set to be charged with multiple felonies including attempted homicide.
President Joe Biden called the attack ‘horrible’ and Republican and Democrats condemned the violence as the House Speaker rushed from DC to San Francisco to be at her husband’s side.
DePape grew up north of the border but moved from British Columbia to California 20 years ago. He followed a love interest, his stepfather told CNN, and family members have insisted he was a ‘good kid’.
He ended up in the Berkeley area, an ultra-liberal enclave of the city, where he lived in a three-bedroom Victorian flat with famed nudist activist Gypsy Taub and a group who believed 9/11 was an ‘inside job’.