Chef Coreen Carroll’s Peach + Ginger Ale Float
Time needed: 10 minutes of hands-on activity
Makes: 4 floats
Dosage Note: This recipe was developed using our recipe for Canna Tincture with a potency to yield approximately 5mg of THC per float.
Recipe Note: Take your mocktail game to the next level with this cool and refreshing sorbet float. The sorbet is particularly good in summertime when nectar-sweet, ripe peaches are at the ready. A zing of lime juice perks these up, and fragrant basil adds a subtle floral herbaceousness. If you’re lucky enough to find purple basil (sometimes called opal basil), snag it — those deep purple leaves make a spectacular garnish.
– 2 cups (280g) of frozen diced peaches, or one 10oz (280g) bag of frozen peaches
– Juice of 2 or 3 limes, depending on how juicy they are
– ½ tsp of Canna Tincture
– 1 bunch of purple basil or regular basil
– 32 fl oz ml of Ginger Ale
– Fresh ripe peach slices for garnishing
Instructions via “Edibles” by Stephanie Hua and Coreen Carroll
– In a food processor or blender, combine the frozen peaches and 1 tbsp of lime juice. Blend until the mixture is the consistency of sorbet
– Set out 4 glasses
– Place ⅛ tsp [½ g] of Canna Tincture, 1 tsp of lime juice, and 4 basil leaves into each glass
– Using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, press down lightly on the leaves until they are fragrant
– Fill each glass with Ginger Ale and stir
– Using an ice cream scoop, top each glass with 2 scoops of peach sorbet.
– Garnish with basil leaves and peach slices.