FREDERICTON (GNB) – Two men and a woman could face charges after Department of Justice and Public Safety peace officers recently seized contraband cannabis products in Saint John and Moncton.
Officers executed a search warrant at Up Town Smoke West in Saint John at 391 Lancaster Ave. on Aug. 29 and seized:
- 3,941 grams of dried cannabis;
- 801 grams of hashish;
- an undisclosed quantity of assorted cannabis products and edibles; and
- $7,065 in cash.
A 41-year-old man from Saint John, and a 37-year-old woman from Passekeag could face charges and the investigation is ongoing.
On Aug. 30, officers executed a search warrant at L’Nuk Lounge in Moncton at 575 Main St. and seized:
- 7,719.5 grams of dried cannabis;
- 690.4 grams of hashish;
- 171.3 grams of psilocybin (magic mushrooms);
- 246 grams of cannabis shatter;
- an undisclosed quantity of assorted cannabis products, edibles and contraband cigarettes; and
- $10,432 in cash.
A 33-year-old man from Eel River Bar First Nation could face charges and the investigation is ongoing.
All non-licensed cannabis dispensaries are illegal under the Cannabis Control Act, the Cannabis Retailers Licensing Act and the Cannabis Act (Canada).
In New Brunswick, only Cannabis NB and provincially licensed private retail stores are permitted to sell cannabis. Only these approved retailers offer safe, regulated cannabis products that are approved by Health Canada and sourced from Cannabis NB.